Amazing Republic Day Facts: Republic Day is an important day for every Indian. We celebrate Republic Day, called Gantantra Diwas, with a great enthusiasm every year. In India, we celebrate Republic Day on 26th January. But do you how many interesting facts are related to 26th January? If not, then don’t worry. Today, here you will get to know about the most important facts about the Republic Day Of India. 26th January is an extraordinary event for everyone and we all celebrate it together. So, let’s have a look at the 11 interesting and amazing facts about the Republic Day of India.
We also shared the information about Significance And Importance Of Republic Day For India. Meanwhile don’t forget to read it.
Republic Day is celebrated in the honour of our constitution. On this day, India became a Democratic Country and its own constitution came into force. On 26th January 1930, the Indian National Congress declared Independence, at that time, Purna Swaraj. So, 26 January was chosen as the Republic Day of India. In the morning of 26th January, all the people become encouraged. Everyone see the Republic Day parade at Rajpath in Delhi on TV. As an Indian, you should know about the interesting facts related to Republic Day. We have provided some facts about Gantantra Diwas that will give you knowledge about our country. I am sure you will get encouraged for Republic with these amazing facts about 26th January.
11 Interesting Facts About The Republic Day Of India
We have mentioned some of the interesting and hidden facts about Republic Day and constitution of India.
- The Official Constitution of India came into force on 26th January 1950 at 10:18 A.M. From this day, India became a Republic country.
- The Constitution of India is the longest constitution in the world. It consists of 448 articles in 22 parts, 12 schedules and 97 Amendments.
- The Indian Constitution is framed by Dr. Bheem Rao Ambedkar. He is known as the Father of Indian Constitution. Dr. B.R.Ambedkar is also known as The Architect of Indian Constitution.
- It took about 2 years, 11 months, 18 days for Constituent Assembly to write the Constitution.
- The first Republic Day parade was held at Rajpath in 1955. At that time, it was known as the Kingsway.
- The first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad took his oath on 26th January 1950. He took the oath at Durbar Hall at Government House.
- Two copies of the Indian Constitution were hand-written: one in Hindi and other in English.
- Both the copies were signed on 24th January, 1950 by 308 members.
- The Constitution was passed on 26th January 1949. But it was adopted in 26th January 1950.
- On Republic Day, deserved people are given many national awards like Param Veer Chakra, Bharat Ratna, Padma Bhushan etc.
- On the first Republic Day of India on 26th January, 1950, the President of Indonesia Sukarno, was the chief guest.
Above were some of the most interesting facts about Republic Day that every Indian must know. 26th January is a national festival and very important for every Indian. So, we should pay our respect to all those who sacrificed their life for the Republic India. Don’t forget to share this knowledge with your friends.